French Green Clay is a fixture at many high end spas and resorts…and with good reason! This wonderful clay has awesome natural astringent properties. Decomposed plant material gives the clay its beautiful green color. It is full of minerals including:
Used as a face mask or spot treatment, it can help to dry up acne, excess oils and impurities from the skin.
Quick Face Mask Recipe:
- Mix clay into a paste using water or a hydrosol (i.e. rose water)
- (OPTIONAL) Add essential oils (lavender, clary sage, peppermint are great additions!)
- Apply to face and neck area
- Let dry (normally takes about 15-20 minutes)
- Rinse off and apply a light moisturizer
Green clay is not only good for beauty, it is excellent first aid as well. French green clay treats rashes like poison ivy and poison oak.
If you ever encounter poison ivy/oak:
- Mix green clay with water and/or apple cider vinegar (preferred) until it makes a paste.
- Apply to exposed area
- Let air dry COMPLETELY
- Rinse completely and apply a liniment.
Do you have other french green clay recipes? Share them in the comments section below! Tag a friend and keep the conversation going!